Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eating Skripes

Me, I'm good at naming things, see? Even renaming things! Cats, dogs, furniture, houses, trees, squirrels -- even people. Especially people. I got a gift -- it's a gift, I swear. Now, if you had amnesia, and you didn't know your name & you came over to my house, I could name you in a jiffy and it would fit you perfectly. I named my daughter JuJu, and my son....he's a Skeeter if you ever saw one! Look at him. I see you agree with me. I named my granddaughter Petals, and my grand nieces Pepper-Reee-Aw and Keerlee Lee-Branches. This here sofa ain't no SOFA, who came up with that name? Makes no sense. You agree, don't you? Yes? Good. This here SOFA is what I call a Boo-Wa-Large. Sit yourself down on the Boo-Wa-Large while I gets us a few Mooches from the Piner. THEN WE CAN EAT US THEM SKRIPES OVER THERE ON THE STOVE.

4 comments:

CM said...

He said the "stove" is actually called a "Bennison Putin' on the Ritz"...

Josh Maday said...

you know i love this piece of writing more than anything else in the world right now, don't you?

CM said...

Ha ha ha -- I do too. It just exploded in my brain, like the cheap metal firework that it is. Pwweeeet!

Josh Maday said...

ah, the sweet acrid reek of sulphur. explosions of this type feel good. fine work.