Monday, March 10, 2008

CM Evans @ Apexart & McSweeney's - April 2008

Big news! I've been invited by Dave Eggers to be a participant in a cartoon show at apexart in New York in April. The title of the show is "Lots of Things like This", and will feature 100 cartoons from blockbusting talents like Saul Steinberg, R. Crumb, William Steig, Ralph Steadman, Shel Silverstein, David Shrigley, Nedko Solakov...keerist the list goes on. There will even be work by Alasdair Gray, one of my favorite writers & illustrator. Topping it all off (if it could be topped off), McSweeney's will be publishing an edition that will be a companion to the show. My work will be in that publication too. I am frankly, totally amazed this is happening. Up to this point, I haven't been invited to be in anything, anywhere. If you love art, cartooning, or satire, you won't want to miss this installation. Opening is on April 2, from 6 - 8 PM. The show runs April 2 - May 10. If you make it out on April 2, I'll see you there!

4 comments:

Josh Maday said...

Ha! This is awesome, CM. I'm not surprised, but I'm still extremely happy for you. I wish I wish I wish I could make it out there. It is about time the cartoons of CM Evans are recognized. This is only the beginning. Congrats again.

CM said...

Thanks for the kind words. I've admired Ralph Steadman since about 1984...really all the artists I mentioned in the post have been giants, in my view, in satire and illustrative art. I'm curious on what will be represented for Leonard Cohen -- I am a big fan of his music...just looking up all the other artists has been informative and inspiring.

Jennifer said...

Very cool - what cartoons of yours are going to be in it???

CM said...

I'll post a new entry with the cartoons.