Monday, April 06, 2009

2 Year Old + Water * 5 Minutes = ???

Daniel goes downstairs. Later, I notice I hear water running. It has been running for a good time now, several minutes at least. 2 Year Old + Water * 5 Minutes = 10 gallons of warm water all over the basement floor. How?

Daniel gets onto the couch next to the bar/ island in the basement, the couch is pushed up against the bar for a tent Phoebe and I built. He gets his big plastic dump truck, puts it in the sink, and turns both taps on full. The dump body fills up and water gushes out of it, into the sink, and out of the sink in all directions! The happy tinkling of water going everywhere is delightful, I realize.

Well, I needed to clean the basement floor. It could have been worse. Only a few days ago I was down there cleaning another section of the basement when the WC toilet exploded raw sewage all over the floor and leaked through the basement ceiling, through a light fixture. That was pretty cool, too.

3 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

It's like the old saw: Stuck with only lemons? Then make lemonade!

CM said...

I made lots of lemonade! And lots more lemons are coming my way. A perfect rain of lemons. I'm looking forward to making more divine lemonade.

Jennifer said...

EW! ew. ew. ew. EWWWWW!!!!