Thursday, September 19, 2013

Even When I do not Understand a Thing

I had a dream I was on a covered porch, probably my grandmother's porch in St. Louis, Missouri. There with many bicycles parked closely to one another to one side, some old, some new. It as late afternoon and a bee got in somehow. It was buzzing around me. It didn't seem to want to sting me, just being problematic, distracting -- going between me and in and out of the bicycles. I gently would swat at it with an old flyswatter, but this did not seem to bother the bee -- it was unkillable and not bothered. I was trying to herd the bee from out from the bicycles, and out the screen door that I had propped open. Eventually, the bee seemed to get smaller in size, until it was like a small golden bean. Then it decided to go out the crack in the screen door I made for it. When I woke up, I had no idea what the dream meant, and the significance of the bee. But later, I understood who the bee was, and why. And how I need to be so very gentle, even when I do not understand a thing.


----

Quail Meadow
September 2013

No comments: