Monday, September 15, 2014

God Fans out the Cards

God fans out the cards. "Pick a card, any card."

"No."

"Why not?"

"You're GOD! You can make those cards do anything you want."

"I won't cheat."

"You're GOD! Omnipotent beings can't cheat."

God sighs, but I can see he is very entertained. "You're not making this very easy. Please."

"OK."

God fans the cards. "Pick a card, any card."

I pick a card.

"Did I ever tell you the time, while I was making the Universe, when we got to the fourth day, and we had to decide how big to make the Sun, Moon and Stars?"

"You did a nice job. I like how big they are."

"Oh, well thanks. I wasn't asking for your approval."

"I was being agreeable."

"When I say the word "happy" -- what is the first thought that comes into your mind?"

"You."

"Good answer!"

"And the second thought?"

"Me."

"Even better! You're on a streak today."


***


9.15.14

No comments: