Tuesday, June 12, 2018

lie in my obituary

"No me dejen morir así, digan que dije algo ..."

 --- José Doroteo Arango Arámbula


lie in my obituary
tell them i freed every lion bear and tiger i met
tell them birds would land on my fingers
i could sing whole operas by heart
i knew 350 languages
i traveled the world
tell them i knew the best places that made shoes compasses marbled paper fireworks and beehives
i invented complicated technology that contacted alien life
that allowed barriers here on the planet to fall
tell them i was grateful dignified knowledgeable and funny
tell them i had a tattoo and a parrot and an orchard of golden apples
and when i swam every river i encountered i was like a dolphin
or like beowulf

tell them i had the sky in my eyes with a hint of lightening
all the world was in my heart and peace and justice in each hand
when i rested i was meek as a dove and when roused valiant like a lion


99



No comments: