Sunday, January 05, 2020

I see Chung Tzu down the street. Happy New Year.

I see Chung Tzu down the street, he has a wet tree branch.

"Happy New Year! I told Joe about you, out in Corcoran. But I saw you over there anyways."

"Uh huh!" says Chung Tzu.

"Do you want an introduction?"

"Hah! HIM? We already got to know each other all summer. He's been introducing ME to YOU."

I give Chung Tzu a deep bow. He nods, and hoists the stick.


***


if you're missing the Tao as soon 
as you stop yearning there it is
don't pity your own selfishness
if you think you can't find it

when you see it to forget yourself
if you're not looking for the Tao
it will surely find you because it is 
mother of ten thousand things 




***

Jan 2020
St Louis Park

1 comment:

wordly and writely said...

Yes! Very well put.