Friday, May 05, 2006

I better get my ass in gear

I have only a few days to pack my office, to pack by far the messiest office in the whole building, so naturally I get down to it and I procrastinate. People come by and see I have not even tried to pack. I cut out little paper snow flakes, I read the news, I doodle, make useless phone calls, gossip with people in the hallway, remember and forget to have a cup of coffee. When I feel the time slipping away, I feel a stab of concern that I should be packing -- but then I amuse myself by counting every yellow car that goes by on the freeway, I wonder what it would be like to live in Peru, and how the new office will feel after we are done moving. Shit, I better get my ass in gear. No? I have all the time in the world. What did I want? Oh yeah, coffee.

No comments: