Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Meanest Customer Support Person Ever, Ebay

Wow! I just got off the phone with the meanest customer support rep I have ever talked to. She was so self righteous and brisk -- making it amply clear how ignorant I was and how in control she and EBay are. She spoke loudly and precisely, without a hint of sympathy -- as if I was offending her by merely calling about my problem. You see, a few weeks ago I was suspended from EBay. Apparently this happens to many people for a wide variety of reasons having nothing to do with violating any rules. So I followed all their directions about getting reinstated, sending billing statements, my ID, email account information...and still I am suspended! And EBay keeps asking me for more information. They won't even tell me what I am suspected of -- other than saying "...(we)determined that you were suspended under the "Abusing eBay" section of the eBay User Agreement." So I decided to call and see if I could clear it up, or at least find out what I am specifically suspected of. The representative I talked to coldly and unapologetically instructed me to continue with the faceless & endless email appeal from the security department. In so many words, I was wrong to expect anything more from EBay. Moreover, I had wasted her time. What a nightmare!

No comments: