Friday, May 27, 2011

Monster Patrol

Daniel is 4 and has a plastic sword. It is 8.30 in the morning, and his big sister has gone to school. Danny tells me he is hiking around, looking for bad people to kill. We're in a small 1 bedroom apartment in Newport Beach, but for him, the location to patrol is 10,000 square miles of frozen wastelands, arid deserts, deep jungles, tombs, and insanely high mountains were monster snowmen live. Some of the snowmen are friendly, it should be noted -- they are his allies. After some adventures, Dan puts on his fluffy bath robe over his pajamas, gets his fire truck book and says, "This is just the perfect thing I need right now." "No more fighting?" I ask him. "No -- the monsters and I agreed to take a break for 7 days. Whew!" says Dan. "You can say that again!" I reply.

No comments: