Friday, January 03, 2014

Writing - The Model from Brazil

Then there was the winter evening in the gallery in Laguna Beach, when the drunken Brazilian supermodel came in to look at the art.

"Are you gay?" she asked him, standing very close, looking at him.

"No, I am not." he replied.

"Oh. My friend is gay. He drives me everywhere." she said, swaying slightly, as if under water.

"Your friend seems to be a very good friend to you, to help you get around."

"Yes." she said. "Would you like to kiss me?"

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"Would you like to kiss me?" the model said.

"Of course I would." he replied, and he held her and kissed gently on her cheek, next to her ear for a long time, swaying to a phantom tide.

She left with a few of his books and he never saw her again.



-----

Winter 2013
Laguna Beach, CA

No comments: