Thursday, July 08, 2021

i try to find my father in other people

i try to find my father in other people
especially the ones that are interesting and unavailable
and i did not fully understand how this worked
because i liked the idea of finding in other people
my father 

an animated man full of secrets and industry
possessing a shifting guarded inner sovereignty
as if his heart was a forge and mind like a hammer
making work for god or those even beyond
i was coveted yet ignored
burned by some of the sparks

these marks made me feel elevated and proud
but the space he thrived in is gone
the place he hid in cremated
endless days now sunshine and manicured grass
walking down the path after a hundred or so
his white stone 

i'm begging off now from my ideas and plans
any form or formulation of my father
letting all matters to come rest 
because ideas and wants are unattainable
everything is equal 
  can come to a stay
at ease naturally without this play


__


for my father and G.K.


No comments: