Monday, February 21, 2022

help me break my / patterns / they blind / me

help me break my 
patterns
they blind
me

the way
i decide how
to place
a line

snow reported
to be 1.7 inches
in this
afternoon

as i struggle
to find my
feet today
in my
profession

instead i
look up Billy 
Collins

who has never
written a
poem i 
did not 
like

then i wonder
how someone
like this
could
exist

and do they
ever mean to
get their feet 
in the
day

yet go looking
for other 
things

and billy collins
knows where
wild 
birds 
fly

and why a
beautiful 
woman
sighs 

he'd know the 
signaling of 
something 
secret
and precious

the message
in a 
trembling 
sustained 
string

or where 
the highest
star in 
the night
winks towards

all the while
i doodled here
in my brain 

writing poems
like a shopping
list or a 
description of
being lost 

but here is
something to
hope for
now

here is 
where
i have 
reached

soon will
endlessly 
be falling 

beautiful 
snow

beautiful 
snow


No comments: