Monday, March 30, 2009

Poem - my father lives in memories

my father lives in memories
quiet muffled place
lined and ordered with
phantom do's and don'ts

i was overly bright
even insulting
a constant challenge
pushing forwards
pushing back pushing
in all directions
i know how it is clearly now
because i have a son
but with my father and i

unfortunately
there came a point
where we settled up
concluded business
didn't bother to even
say goodbye
goodluck
and still kept on
living

he and i may have been
looking for someone else
all along but couldn't
see this

but who were we looking
for? who had to be different?

2 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

That's sad.

CM said...

I really miss people, when I know they ain't there. Dead or alive. In another poem I wrote, "...they say you can't make someone love you/ but sometimes they should..."