Thursday, March 06, 2014

On Top of the Refrigerator

I've been thinking about this one a lot lately. I try to remember things that happened a long time ago, when I was little. I remember one time, my mother had to go do an important errand, something that had to be done right away. I think I was about 4 years old. She had never left me alone, so this was exciting for me, and a little bit frightening. But I was more exhilarated than scared. When she was gone for about 15 minutes, I managed to break a soda bottle in the garage -- it just fell over when I walked by it and broke! It has a mind of it's own! Then I got onto the top of the refrigerator in the garage so she could see me when she drove in, so she'd be so proud of how dependable I was. I waved at her as she pulled in, and she saw me, but she didn't wave back.

-----

On Top of the Refrigerator
San Diego
1973

No comments: