Thursday, March 02, 2006

So Chung Tzu and I are hanging around....

So Chung Tzu and I are hanging around, going to cafes and bookstores in the Mission District. "I can't stop thinking about her." I say, as we leave the cafe. We walk down Valencia, and we duck in another bookstore. "I can't stop thinking about her." I say as we look at old Horizon Magazines. We walk up towards Dolores Park and get a snack at a taqueria. "I can't stop THINKING about her!" I exclaim, but Chung Tzu doesn't say anything. It is as if he was stone deaf to my words. So we go to Dolores Park, and we get there right when the sun is getting ready to set -- the sky is like lemon, and the windows of the building on the east side of the park are blazing gold, the air is full of birds. There is such overflowing of beauty, that my mind goes completely calm and absorbed with the world. I have no thoughts whatsoever. And at that exact moment, Chung Tzu leans over and screams in my ear, "SO DON'T THINK ABOUT HER!!!"

No comments: